This webinar is recommended for dental assistants (EFDA and non-EFDA assistants) as well as doctors.
Placement of posterior composite restorations is undoubtedly among the most technique sensitive procedures faced by the dental team daily. This course will discuss the components of a successful direct restoration from proper isolation techniques to current polishing methods, and how critical each step is to long-term success. Assistants and EFDAs will benefit from descriptions of basic adhesion, various matrix systems and steps of composite placement, finishing and polishing. Clinical tips and brand suggestions will be included.
• Define adhesion and compare/contrast 8 generations of dental adhesive systems.
• Review criteria for properly placed matrix bands and wedges.
• Discuss choices of materials and suggested technique for placing, curing, finishing and polishing Class I-V composites.
• Recognize most common areas of composite failure.
• One (1) hour of CE lecture credit (live/interactive) will be provided upon successful completion of the course. This includes the live webinar lecture session, a course evaluation, and a learning objectives quiz.
• No required prerequisites
• This course is free, but you are required to register in advance.
• AGD subject code: 250
Theresa Groody, DHSc, EFDA, CDA is a dynamic and engaging national speaker and educator. Dr. Groody enjoys taking both dental and expanded functions assistants to their next level facilitating her interactive presentations. Working in clinical and academic dentistry for four decades and competent in curriculum design and assessment, she currently teaches Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Lecture and Laboratory courses at Harcum College, where employed as the Director of Professional Studies. She completed her Doctoral dissertation in 2021, focused on excellence in preclinical education of dental assistants and EFDAs.