Are you ready to make a difference and utilize your problem-solving and analytical skills to effectively bring innovative solutions to market? Do you find motivation in being part of a team whose focus is bringing value to dentists and patients through human-centered product design?
Garrison Dental Solutions has an immediate opening for an innovative Product Manager specializing in medical devices. As a key Marketing member, this role will manage our restorative dentistry portfolio through upstream marketing strategies, product development and commercialization efforts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify and investigate business opportunities and product development strategies for restorative dentistry portfolio expansion.
- Through observation and communication, gather customer and market insights. Discover what challenges are occurring in dentistry, define and create exciting product development pipelines for both new and next generation products based on the feedback collected.
- Build credibility and partnerships with dentist customers to better identify opportunities and to coordinate their participation of design inputs through rounds of product testing.
- Serve as customer and restorative dental product Subject Matter Expert working closely with the Project Manager to define portfolio guiding principles, strategies, development cadence, line extensions, and other product enhancements.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify and understand competitive landscape, differentiation, advantage, performance.
- Perform industry data analysis by evaluating product sales, pricing and volumes. Leverage internal data sources to identify key customer targets and high-volume users to help facilitate early user feedback and adoption.
- Interface with engineering, operations, sales, the review board, customers and suppliers to identify risks or barriers and to develop solutions and prompt for timely, definitive decisions throughout the various phases of development.
- Prepare presentations and lead product meetings following an agenda based on efficient use of time and effective decision-making output.
- Develop and execute commercialization strategy and product launch plans driving market share; customer-targeting, branding, financial modeling, pricing, forecasting, inventory requirements, claims matrix development, and sales training & tools.
- Create demand forecast and production plans to support initial product launches. Monitor historical sales and forecast data to ensure adequate inventory to support sales.
- Create documentation to support the development process under the new product development and quality management systems.
- Support the handoff to downstream marketing for traditional and digital marketing campaigns, key customer engagement programs, and sales tools consistent with the portfolio and product strategies.
- Build and maintain Key Opinion Leader relationships to anticipate the future market environment, the arrival of new competitors, and to identify future needs for customers.
Skills, Experience & Abilities include:
- Desired skills are typically acquired by completion of an MBA or Bachelor’s degree in related fields though strong product management experience is most important.
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- 5+ years of experience with a company that designs/manufactures highly engineered durable goods; medical/dental device experience is a plus.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience working alone and as part of a development team where responsibilities include leading meetings, project management, timeline management, identification and coordination of development requirements, organization, and delegation of responsibilities.
For 25 years, Garrison has been an innovator in dentistry, restoring healthy smiles worldwide. Our products are engineered to address unmet clinical needs and have made us one of the most recognized dental product companies worldwide. Join our growth-oriented yet stable company whose culture is rooted in teamwork, determination, and continuous improvement.
Garrison Dental Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Garrison is a rapidly growing medical device manufacturer headquartered in Spring Lake, Michigan. We are locally owned, financially strong, and our award-winning products are used by dentists all over the world.
We are one of “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®” five years running. The Garrison team takes pride in our innovation and dedication to the advancement of dentistry. Following a quarter-century record of success, we are confident the best is yet to come!