Are you the type of person who takes pride in creating high quality products with meticulous attention to detail? Do you thrive in an environment of continuous improvement, where you are recognized and appreciated for your experienced-level capabilities as a start-to-finish toolmaker? If so, we have just the career opportunity you are seeking.
- Uses tools, machinery, and equipment to build fixtures, tooling, dies, and parts.
- Repairs dies, molds, and tools when needed; disassembles molds, jigs, tools, and fixtures, then reassembles when repaired.
- Reads and understands blueprints and complicated schematics as required to create and build new fixtures, tools, and machined parts.
- Uses computer aided design (CAD) software to evaluate engineering designs and blueprints.
- Inspects completed tools and dies for any signs of imperfection or damage that may affect functionality.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment, tools, and machines to ensure all are arranged and set properly and working efficiently.
- Modifies machine parameters such as control speed, material feed, path of cut, or voltage levels as required to ensure quality product is produced within specifications.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace at all times, and notifies managers of any mechanical, material, or work floor issues.
- Collaborates with Engineering to produce precision prototypes and fixtures as required for product development needs.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues in support of departmental and company-wide goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Continuously develop relevant job knowledge by learning new and up to date methods, skills, and procedures.
Why join Garrison?
- Family-owned / Family-values / Purpose-driven
- We are a family-owned, debt-free, stable company in business for over 25 years.
- We place high-focus on living our core values of teamwork, determination, quality, and continuous improvement.
- We pursue a vision of innovating dentistry to restore healthy smiles worldwide.
- Garrison plans to more than triple its revenues within the next 10 years.
- Highly engineered medical products from complex manufacturing
- We design and manufacture highly engineered medical devices for dentists worldwide.
- We place significant investments in innovation and technology.
- Our products are protected by intellectual property and verified manufacturing processes that push the limits of metal-forming and injection-molding.
- Market Leader
- Garrison is a market leader for one of the most popular and reliable restorative dentistry procedures.
- Our products are sold in 150 different countries.
- Bonus Pay
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing Element
- Health Insurance - 3 Plans to Choose From
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account Includes Annual Deposit from Garrison
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Volunteerism Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Program
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- No Cost Access to On-Site Fitness Room
- Wellness Incentives including Gym Membership Reimbursements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to safely and accurately operate all measuring and production equipment pertaining to the tool room.
- Working understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and algebra.
- Thorough understanding of metallic properties.
- Ability to maintain mental focus while controlling repetitive operations of equipment or systems.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with engineers and machinists.
- Proficient with tool room equipment including lathes, mills, grinders, etc.
- Ability to watch and read gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure machine is working properly.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is preferred.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) and conversational (NC) software is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with EDM (Conventional and/or Wire) is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Journeyman Tool and Die Certification.
- 8+ years of machining experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of quality control experience conducting layout measurements and inspections of tools/parts is preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk or work bench.
- Prolonged periods standing at a machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds at times.
- Must be able to see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Must be able to recognize differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Must be able to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Must be able to react quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- Must be able to hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.